Friday, May 7, 2010

She's Crafty






This week I've been working on the February Lady Sweater that I started a year ago. I only
have one sleeve left! I'm positive it will be ready for my friend's birthday at the beginning of July.











This afternoon I made garden fairy tutus for my nieces. I think they're going to be adorable on the girls, especially with the butterfly wings I bought them. Sunday we're having a garden party for the youngest's birthday - she's turning one next week. I'm making a caterpillar cake and picked up the cutest decorations at the Dollar Store. I used Plumtickled's tutorial for the tutus.




And finally, for my niece's birthday present I'm making my first quilt! I found Moda Bakeshop's tutorial for the Snuggly Layer Cake Throw. I actually found the Hunky Dory by Chez Moi Layer Cake that they used in the tutorial at Fabric Krazy Quilt Shop (and they're having a sale this weekend!) In about 3 hours, I cut all the material, pieced it together and sewed it! I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it before Sunday!






No comments:

Post a Comment