Friday, October 15, 2010

2 Down, 3 to Go

I'm sewing aprons for our cooking class tomorrow.  Every year we dress up for our Gifts of Food cooking class.  In the past we've had Santa aprons and elf aprons.  This year, since our class is in October and no one could make a decision, we were not going to dress up.  But after seeing the scrapbook my aunt put together of all of our past classes, I knew we had to dress as something.  After I saw this wicked apron pattern, I knew I had to make these for everyone.

I'm pretty impressed that I've been able to get these done so quickly.  Monday, I shopped for fabric and washed/ironed it when I got home.  Tuesday, I cut all the fabric out.  Had a headache Wednesday, so didn't do much.  Last night I put one together and I just finished a 2nd one.  All of the pieces are sewn together, I just need to sew the pieces together.

I made a few changes - I used ribbon instead of making the ties from fabric.  So that changed how to attach the skirt to the bodice.  This is also the first time I've ever gathered. But now I'm a pro at gathering!  Gathering 5 skirts and 5 flounces will give you enough practice!

Take a look, but Shhhhh... they are surprises for everyone.




1 comment: