Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Past - 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

.

My new dining room - it was hard, but the remodel we began in September was done before Thanksgiving.
















Heehee - my niece and nephew!

So the most significant thing about last year's Thanksgiving is that the turkey came out RAW and frozen!  My father brought a stuffed deboned turkey down from Arkansas.  He stuffed it a few days before and froze it  so it would make the 8 hour trip.  We cooked and cooked and cooked the turkey.  I knew something was wrong when the temperature of the bird didn't even register on my digital thermometer.  Everyone kept insisting that my thermometer was broken or since it was stuffed the thermometer wasn't registering the temperature of the actual turkey meat.  Boy, were they WRONG!  

When my cousin cut into that bird, I started crying.  I could not compose myself.  So, they started putting the raw turkey in the microwave!  The rest of the food was really good, so there was something to eat.  And I didn't hear any stories of anyone getting sick.  It was also really nice that my father came into town and I got to spend the holiday with my brother and sister from Arkansas. 

We also got to go to the LSU/Arkansas game.  It was really fun being able to take my siblings (who have been raised in Arkansas with that sooo-eee pig pig thing) to Tiger Stadium - AND have them cheering for LSU.


The funniest part - Saturday evening, my husband and I went to heat up leftovers in the microwave and guess what we found....yes, a plate of that raw stuffed turkey!  Forgot to look in the microwave during clean up.

Linking up to a few Fall parties
Cottage & Vine - Falling Up - Linky Party

DIY Show Off

Show and Tell Friday at Romantic Home





 Simply Sweet Home - Friday Favorites


12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you could join the party!! Your light fixture in the dining room is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm going through all of the other great blogs that have linked up! Would you believe that's a light fixture I've had for at least 5, maybe 7 years. Kept it in the box until I had a place to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw,frozen turkey surprise. Not good! :-( Sounds like ya'll weathered it well, though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a turkey story! This year will have a better turkey, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog through links! Love your blog!
    If you ever need new recipes or want to be featured..than please come become a follower to see daily updates and email us if you would like us to feature you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your remodeled dining room. That chandelier is fantastic.

    We had a frozen turkey once too. My first ever and my mother in law was supposed to be helping me but then she blamed me for it all. It was for my first daughter's blessing when she was 2 months old. There was a houseful and my MIL was insisting they had to leave. We cut the cooked meat off and then broiled it and cut some more, etc. What a nightmare. I know your pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those orange glass pumpkins! they can go the whole season...i must find myself some!

    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. your table looked gorgeous!!
    so sorry to hear about the frozen bird. we put so much work into these holidays when they don't turn out just perfect it's kind of a let down. but it sounds like you had your wonderful family there and that's really the most important part! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope this year's turkey works out better.

    Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful table setting! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Came back to let you know that I'm featuring you this week. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table looks gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to the Pink Hippo Party! See you next week~

    ReplyDelete