Friday, July 9, 2010

Leisure Sickness

So that's what it's called.  After reading Budget Travel's  "Do you suffer from 'leisure sickness'?" article, I have diagnosed myself with this ailment.  Does anyone else feel the same way? 

I have a terrible time trying to relax.  The first (and last) time I got a facial, I freaked out when the lady left the room to allow me to relax.  It's not that I'm worried about work - there are just a ton of other things that I want/should be doing.  Well, sometimes I'm worrying about work.

I've got several mini vacations planned for the rest of the summer.  Husband is taking me to DC to visit my sister for my birthday.  My ex-step-mother will be in New Orleans with my brother & sister in August. I'm planning to take a couple of days off of work to spend with them touring the city.  And I'm planning to visit my friend in Florida - she just moved there for a job and I miss her.  Hopefully we'll be able to hang out at the beach!

We'll see if I'm able to relax on any of these vacations.  Last year I went to DC with another sister and my nephew.  It was a whirlwind tour.  We crammed so much into the 5 day vacation.  We saw 5-6 different monuments and museums each day.  I was exhausted when we came back.  I always feel that I need a vacation from my vacation. 

Have a fantastic weekend!
April

If you're interested my friend Tiffani and her niece Bailey are headed to Key West this weekend.  Follow their blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment